Description of the Meal: The pakora platter is an explosion of flavors and textures, perfect for satisfying your cravings for something crispy and spicy. These deep-fried fritters are a popular Indian snack, made from a variety of ingredients that come together to create a mouthwatering experience.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 potato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Water (as needed)
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chickpea flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Gradually add water to the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, until you achieve a thick, smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadai over medium-high heat.
- Dip the sliced onions, potatoes, spinach leaves, and green chili pepper into the batter, ensuring they are well coated.
- Carefully drop the coated ingredients into the hot oil one by one, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the pakoras until they turn golden brown and crispy, flipping them occasionally to ensure even cooking. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the pakoras from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve the pakoras hot with your choice of chutney or dipping sauce.
- Calories: 250 per serving
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sodium: 450mg
Enjoy your pakora platter as a delightful snack or appetizer, and savor the crunchy goodness of these savory fritters!